I had been toying a bit with the idea of making a custom Funko Pop for a while when I stumbled across an Alice in Wonderland pop at my local used bookstore, and I thought, huh, that could be Zelda.
I found several great tutorials, including Page with a View, I Like Comics Too, and Kakibot. Then I found the acetone we had been hoarding in our medicine cabinet since lord knows when and got to work.
I removed the head (it says a lot about my mother that she had absolutely no questions when she came home to me boiling Alice), then stripped off the paint and set to work.
I also shaved down the skirt quite a bit so that I could build up the purple part. I never managed to quite get it even, so it does show (you can see where I got frustrated and starting hitting it with my knife).
Her ears ended up more than a bit wonky as well, but I’m cool with it. She’s the first try and if you keep that in mind, she looks very good.
Looking back I should have picked something with less sculpting for my first custom. With Zelda, I had to make the ears, crown, overskirt, and gold front piece. I’ve moved onto simpler designs for now (I’ll post them soon, I promise), but one day I hope to return and make an even cooler Zelda.